At “Hello Sunil”, we are proud to welcome all passionate Tech savvy writers to join our esteemed team. If you would like to write and submit a guest article to “Hello Sunil” for potential publication, that’s great. Thanks for considering!
It is a great chance to showcase your skills to the world by sending 100% unique and well-written articles but before you write and submit your article for our review, here are some guidelines to boost your chances of approval.
#1: Useful articles
Our focus is on providing readers with useful, practical, helpful, actionable information that brings readers significant benefits. Be an expert – it helps if you know what you are talking about. Educate, teach and solve problems.
Noticed that readers in a particular field have problems? Write a solution. Articles which solve readers’ problems tend to do well here.
#2: Unique articles
When it comes to offering content that has a different style and way of teaching, content that is fresh, or content that presents a new angle on something. So, what should you do?
- Be creative. It goes without saying, this is a technical how-to blog. So you must be creative.
- Be original and unique. Go through this blog’s archives and figure out what we haven’t written about yet. If you want, and if you have got the reasons, you can take an opposing stance to one of our opinions. Got a fresh idea? You increased your chances of we getting interested in your post.
- We like interesting articles. Give your writing some swing. Use a great metaphor, or write some thought-provoking material.
Note: Please don’t fill articles with links to your site in every paragraph.If one of your articles is extremely relevant, then a link is encouraged. Otherwise, a post with unnecessary links to your site is not allowed.
#3: Relevant articles
Therefore, random articles which are not based on the above topics will be rejected. Make sure to write on one tight topic, not many small ones.
#4: Well written articles
At “Hello Sunil”, we focus on high quality articles that offers strong value and solutions to problems for our readers. Our readers rely on us to accept only the best of the best.
- Posts need to be well written and demonstrate good command of language, grammar, punctuation, clarity, style and tone. Run your content through a spell check, and try to catch all the typos. Even after that, it’s best to manually proofread for those contextual spelling errors. As for grammar check, don’t even get us started – please don’t rely on automation.
- Edit your post well, and rewrite it a few times. It’s a good idea to set your post aside for a day or two and come back to it to edit, change some sentences for better flow, and in general make it better.
- Your post may be edited prior to publication for quality or clarity. Please don’t be offended if we make changes that improve your post even more.
- Use good structure and formatting. Sub-headers and bullet points or strong impact statements help our audience read your awesome content.
- Keep your posts above the word count of 700 words. Articles around here tend to be on the longer side – but shorter ones can be awesome as well. Word count matters, but the main tip is this: write as much as you need to, no more.
- Have a well rounded wrap-up. we have noticed that the conclusion is one of the most neglected areas of guest posts. Please finish your post well and summarize with a good bang that encourages conversation and commentary.
Some more guest post guidelines:
- We like internal linking, so include a link or two to a relevant post on our blog. You may also link out to other relevant posts on the web if you like –
- Affiliate links in your post are not permitted
- Credit all sources if your article demands any
- All articles must be in the English language, and have a basic structure of paragraphs. One vital but basic tip: write short paragraphs. Long ones are harder to read. Of course, if you use sub-headlines, lists, bold and italic text in the right context and right amount then it’s always a bonus. But too much of a good thing is a bad thing, and therefore, make sure you don’t go overboard.
- Your article must be original work that hasn’t been published elsewhere. No copy pasted articles from anywhere else, even your own site.
Our system uses your email to grab your headshot from Gravatar, so make sure your photo is uploaded there.
Please submit your post as a Google document.
We use Google Docs because it allows us to easily collaborate with several people without passing around new versions of a Word document. If you have never shared a Google Doc before, here are easy instructions. (Don’t forget to give us editing power.)
When it runs, we hope you will be active in the comments, responding to readers’ questions or thoughts. We also hope you will share your post on social media.
Email us and send an article idea. Give the details of the article. Write the headline and a brief summary. (Or you can also send the entire article if you are convinced the idea fits the theme of Hello Sunil).
Let us know a little about who you are, and please provide a link to your site or blog (if you have one — it’s not mandatory). It’s a great idea to also link to one of your articles on your blog that you think are great. If you also have a guest article published elsewhere, tell us about it. It gives us more confidence when deciding whether to approve the article or not.
We do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. Please be patient. Some days are pretty busy around here, and we can’t always reply as quickly as we would like. But we will reply and let you know if your submission has been approved.
Checklist (Before submission of your article):
- Add your name, email, website, and Twitter handle (if any) to the top of your post.
- Include your one-sentence bio at the top of your post.
- Turn your post into an editable Google Doc.
- If so, you’re ready to submit!
Thanks for reading,