If you are a developer or designer, you will likely already have a collection of favorite Chrome extensions you use on a daily basis. Extensions that make life easier, make you more productive or perform an essential task better than a dedicated tool.
But the problem is that there are so many Chrome extensions that many developers and designers don’t know what they are missing out on.
So we compiled a list. Here are best Chrome extensions that will boost your productivity as a developer and designers. The tools differ in functionality, features, price, and user interface.
Not all tools will suit your needs but we are certain 1 or 2 of these extensions will improve your productivity. Let’s go!
Best Chrome Extensions
- WhatFont – Identify fonts on web pages.
- Google Font Previewer for Chrome – Lets you choose a font from the Google Font directory with a few text styling options, and preview them on the current tab.
- Fonts Ninja – Explore fonts within a website, try, bookmark and buy them!
- Color and Fonts Extractor – This extension is meant to help you extract the color palette and font of any website.
- Site Palette – Free browser extension that generates color palettes.
- SVG Export – Download SVGs from websites as SVGs, PNGs or JPEGs.
- GoFullPage – Capture a screenshot of your current page in entirety and reliably—without requesting any extra permissions.
- Chrome Capture – screenshot & gif tool – Record gif or take a screenshot of anything in your browser – quicker & easier than ever before.
- ColorZilla – Advanced Eyedropper, Color Picker, Gradient Generator and other colorful goodies.
- Wappalyzer – Wappalyzer is a technology profiler that shows you what websites are built with.
- JSONView OR JSON Viewer OR JSON Formatter – As a developer working with RESTful APIs, reading raw JSON data on a browser can be quite awkward. It’s much easier to read JSON in tree-view, rather than in its raw state. The Chrome extension JSONView helps you view JSON documents in the browser.
- Check My Links – The extension does exactly what it says. Check My Link crawls through your web page to show if it has broken links and checks for valid and redirected links. It can be easily used and can be very helpful for maintaining the SEO standards of your webpage.
- Githunt – Replace the new tab with a list of trending repositories on github belonging to any technology that you chose.
- Dimensions – A tool for designers to measure screen dimensions.
- Page Ruler – Measure page elements size in pixel with an easy-to-use ruler.
- EditThisCookie – EditThisCookie is a cookie manager. You can add, delete, edit, search, protect and block cookies.
- Daily.dev – Get a feed of the hottest developer news personalized to you
- Fake Filler – A form filler that fills all inputs on a page with fake/dummy data.
- WhatRuns – Discover what runs a website. Frameworks, Analytics Tools, WordPress Plugins, Fonts – you name it.
So, these were our curated list of top 20 web developer Chrome extension picks. These tools can help web developers and designers work faster and more efficiently.
Hopefully, a few of these Chrome extensions can be added to your browser and come in handy for faster and more reliable results.
Do you have any Chrome developer extensions to recommend? Use any of the above and want to share your opinion? Tell us about it below if you do!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?